Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Uberlândia
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without slowing down activity required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Uberlândia business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other key activities such as business continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for close cooperation with the teams assigned to file recovery and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically involve the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for variations.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete images of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine each computer and storage device on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Review logs and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential lateral movement from the first infected system
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malware
- Produce detailed attack documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Uberlândia
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Uberlândia business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.