Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Uberlāndia
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without impeding the processes required for business resumption and data restoration. Your Uberlāndia business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers gaps in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and security experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and requires close interaction with the groups assigned to data restoration and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Create forensically complete images of all suspect devices so the file restoration group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each machine and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible sideways movement from the first infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Uberlāndia
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Uberlāndia business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.