Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Uberlândia
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down activity related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Uberlândia organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists you to assess the damage and uncovers weaknesses in security policies or processes that should be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups assigned to file restoration and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Copy forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so the file restoration group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey every machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible lateral movement from the first infected machine
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to close security gaps and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Uberlândia
To find out more about how Progent can assist your Uberlândia business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.