Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Uberlāndia
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down the processes required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Uberlāndia organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in rules or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes like operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for intimate interaction with the groups assigned to data restoration and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all potentially affected devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your data recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey each machine and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and user sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible lateral movement from the first infected system
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Uberlāndia
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Uberlāndia business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.