Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Adelaide
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding the processes required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Adelaide business can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light weaknesses in rules or processes that need to be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities like operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and requires intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for data cleanup and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to guard your backups.
- Copy forensically sound duplicates of all exposed devices so the data restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey each machine and storage device on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and user sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide detailed attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP applications. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Adelaide
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Adelaide business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.