Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Brighton
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Brighton business can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key activities such as operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and security professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for close cooperation with the groups responsible for data recovery and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically sound images of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every machine and storage device on the network including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Brighton
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Brighton business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.