Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Manhattan Beach
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Manhattan Beach business can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to block subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and highlights shortcomings in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and requires close interaction with the teams responsible for file restoration and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all potentially affected devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to secure your backups.
- Create forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your data restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine each computer and data store on the system including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential sideways migration from the originally infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to close security gaps and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Manhattan Beach
To find out more about ways Progent can assist your Manhattan Beach business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.