Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Manhattan Beach
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Manhattan Beach business can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to evaluate the impact and uncovers shortcomings in policies or processes that should be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other key activities like business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and requires close interaction with the teams focused on data recovery and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to secure your backups.
- Create forensically sound images of all exposed devices so your data recovery group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect every computer and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and sessions to establish the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential lateral migration from the first compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- Document recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Manhattan Beach
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Manhattan Beach organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.