Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Manhattan Beach
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting activity related to business resumption and data restoration. Your Manhattan Beach business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to counter future ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and highlights shortcomings in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other key recovery processes like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and security experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires close cooperation with the groups focused on file cleanup and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so the file recovery group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Identify the version of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey each computer and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Manhattan Beach
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Manhattan Beach business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.