Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Manhattan Beach
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without impeding the processes required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Manhattan Beach business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block future ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to assess the damage and uncovers weaknesses in security policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and requires close interaction with the groups focused on data cleanup and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can require the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Copy forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so your file restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine each computer and storage device on the system including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible lateral migration from the originally compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide extensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Manhattan Beach
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Manhattan Beach organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.