Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Oklahoma CIty
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with activity required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Oklahoma CIty business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to block subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps you to assess the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes like business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and requires close cooperation with the groups focused on file recovery and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Preserve forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your file restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Establish the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect each machine and storage device on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible lateral migration from the originally compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Oklahoma CIty
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Oklahoma CIty business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.