Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Reading
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without slowing down the processes related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Reading business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to block future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists you to assess the damage and uncovers gaps in rules or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes like business continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and security experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and calls for close cooperation with the teams focused on data restoration and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for variations.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all potentially affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Preserve forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your data restoration group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Establish the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each machine and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to spot any possible sideways migration from the originally compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Reading
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Reading business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.