Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Reading
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Reading business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light gaps in rules or processes that should be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires intimate cooperation with the groups assigned to data restoration and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Preserve forensically valid images of all exposed devices so the data restoration group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect every machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to spot any possible lateral migration from the originally compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Reading
To find out more about ways Progent can assist your Reading organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.