Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Eugene
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without impeding activity required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Eugene business can use Progent's forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to assess the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in rules or processes that should be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complex and requires close interaction with the teams assigned to file restoration and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Capture forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your file restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect every machine and data store on the network including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and user sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the first compromised system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide detailed attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Eugene
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Eugene organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.