Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Eugene
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without impeding activity required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Eugene business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics involves discovering and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps you to evaluate the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in rules or processes that need to be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities like operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and calls for close cooperation with the groups assigned to data restoration and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for variations.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the system. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete images of all suspect devices so the file restoration group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect each machine and data store on the system including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the originally compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Eugene
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Eugene business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.