Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Eugene
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Eugene organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves discovering and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light gaps in rules or processes that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities such as operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and calls for intimate interaction with the groups assigned to data recovery and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically valid images of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as soon as possible
- Determine the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine each machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential sideways migration from the first infected machine
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to close security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Eugene
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Eugene organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.