Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Eugene
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down activity required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Eugene business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves determining and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to assess the impact and brings to light weaknesses in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other key activities like operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for intimate interaction with the groups assigned to data recovery and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Create forensically complete digital images of all suspect devices so the data restoration group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Review logs and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential lateral migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce detailed incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Eugene
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Eugene organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.