Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Ipanema
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without interfering with the processes required for operational continuity and data restoration. Your Ipanema organization can use Progent's forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers weaknesses in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other key activities like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for close interaction with the teams assigned to data recovery and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Create forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your data recovery team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey every computer and data store on the network including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and user sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally infected system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide detailed incident documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Ipanema
To find out more about how Progent can help your Ipanema business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.