Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Ipanema
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without impeding activity related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Ipanema business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to assess the damage and uncovers gaps in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other key activities like operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and requires close cooperation with the teams responsible for file restoration and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Capture forensically complete images of all exposed devices so your data recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each machine and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review logs and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Produce detailed incident documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Ipanema
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Ipanema organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.