Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Winston-Salem
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with activity required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Winston-Salem business can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the impact and brings to light gaps in security policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key activities like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and security experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and requires close cooperation with the teams focused on file restoration and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for variations.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Create forensically valid duplicates of all suspect devices so the data recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the assault and to identify any potential sideways movement from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Winston-Salem
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Winston-Salem business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.