Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Winston-Salem
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without slowing down activity required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Winston-Salem organization can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to counter future ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights weaknesses in policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other key recovery processes like business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and calls for intimate interaction with the groups assigned to file restoration and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to secure backups.
- Copy forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your file recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every computer and data store on the network including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions to determine the timeline of the assault and to identify any potential sideways movement from the originally infected system
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Winston-Salem
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Winston-Salem organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.