Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Winston-Salem
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with activity required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Winston-Salem business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to assess the damage and highlights weaknesses in policies or processes that should be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has a large team of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for file cleanup and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for variations.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to protect backups.
- Preserve forensically valid duplicates of all suspect devices so your file recovery group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as possible
- Establish the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine each computer and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the assault and to spot any possible lateral migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Winston-Salem
To find out more about ways Progent can assist your Winston-Salem organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.