Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Cheyenne
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without interfering with activity related to business continuity and data recovery. Your Cheyenne organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or processes that should be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities like operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for close interaction with the groups assigned to file recovery and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware hacker. forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to secure your backups.
- Create forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so the data restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine every machine and storage device on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Review logs and user sessions to determine the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any possible sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Produce extensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Cheyenne
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Cheyenne business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.