Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Cheyenne
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting activity related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Cheyenne organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to counter future ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights gaps in security policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is essential that other key activities like operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has a large team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and requires close interaction with the teams responsible for data recovery and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to protect backups.
- Capture forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your data restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect each machine and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review logs and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to spot any possible sideways movement from the originally compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Cheyenne
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Cheyenne organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.