Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Lakeland
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Lakeland organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to counter future ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities like operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams focused on file recovery and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so your data restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every machine and storage device on the network including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions to determine the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the first compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Lakeland
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Lakeland organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.