Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Waltham
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without slowing down the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Waltham business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and security experts with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and requires intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for file recovery and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the system. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to protect backups.
- Create forensically valid images of all exposed devices so the data restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as soon as possible
- Identify the strain of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and sessions to determine the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any possible lateral movement from the originally compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services across the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Waltham
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Waltham business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.