Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Waltham
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting the processes related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Waltham business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to assess the impact and brings to light weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other important activities like operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires close cooperation with the teams assigned to file recovery and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can require the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your data restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Identify the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible lateral movement from the originally compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Waltham
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Waltham business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.