Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Waltham
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Waltham organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves discovering and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps you to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for file recovery and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your data recovery team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect every machine and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible sideways movement from the originally compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Waltham
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Waltham organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.