Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Barueri-Alphaville
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with activity required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Barueri-Alphaville organization can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to block subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and uncovers shortcomings in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities such as business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and calls for close cooperation with the teams responsible for file restoration and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can require the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for changes.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to secure backups.
- Copy forensically complete digital images of all suspect devices so the file recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine each computer and storage device on the network including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions to determine the timeline of the assault and to identify any potential sideways migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Barueri-Alphaville
To find out more about how Progent can help your Barueri-Alphaville business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.