Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Barueri-Alphaville
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with the processes related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Barueri-Alphaville business can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps you to assess the impact and uncovers weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes like business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for close cooperation with the groups assigned to file recovery and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Copy forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your data restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as soon as possible
- Identify the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every machine and data store on the system including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions to determine the time frame of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible lateral movement from the originally infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malware
- Produce detailed attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to close security gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Barueri-Alphaville
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Barueri-Alphaville organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.