Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Barueri-Alphaville
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without impeding activity related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Barueri-Alphaville organization can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light gaps in rules or processes that should be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities like business resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and requires intimate interaction with the groups focused on file cleanup and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Create forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your file restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and sessions to establish the timeline of the assault and to spot any potential lateral migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Barueri-Alphaville
To learn more about how Progent can help your Barueri-Alphaville business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.