Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Barueri-Alphaville
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting activity related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Barueri-Alphaville business can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps you to assess the impact and brings to light shortcomings in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities such as business resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of IT and security professionals with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and requires intimate cooperation with the groups assigned to file restoration and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Create forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your file restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Identify the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible sideways movement from the originally infected system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malware
- Produce detailed incident documentation to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Barueri-Alphaville
To find out more about how Progent can assist your Barueri-Alphaville business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.