Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Barueri-Alphaville
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with the processes required for business resumption and data restoration. Your Barueri-Alphaville organization can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and documenting the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes such as business resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and requires intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for data restoration and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your file restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every machine and data store on the system including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible lateral migration from the first compromised system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malware
- Produce detailed attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommended improvements to close security gaps and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Barueri-Alphaville
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Barueri-Alphaville organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.