Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Barueri-Alphaville
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down activity required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Barueri-Alphaville organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light weaknesses in policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and calls for close interaction with the groups responsible for data restoration and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for variations.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Copy forensically complete digital images of all suspect devices so the data restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as possible
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every machine and storage device on the network including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the attack and to identify any potential sideways movement from the first compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce extensive incident documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Barueri-Alphaville
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Barueri-Alphaville business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.