Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Augusta-Richmond County
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without impeding the processes related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Augusta-Richmond County business can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to evaluate the impact and brings to light shortcomings in policies or processes that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for close cooperation with the groups assigned to file restoration and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for changes.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all potentially affected devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to protect your backups.
- Capture forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so your data recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each computer and data store on the system including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions to establish the time frame of the assault and to spot any possible sideways migration from the originally compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce extensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to close security gaps and enforce workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Augusta-Richmond County
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Augusta-Richmond County organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.