Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Campinas
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with activity related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Campinas business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists you to assess the impact and highlights weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities like operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and calls for intimate interaction with the teams assigned to file restoration and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to guard your backups.
- Create forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so the file recovery group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as soon as possible
- Establish the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every computer and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Campinas
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Campinas organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.