Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Campinas
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without slowing down activity related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Campinas organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to counter future ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in rules or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is essential that other important activities such as operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to guard your backups.
- Create forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your data restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each machine and storage device on the network including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential sideways movement from the originally infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- List recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Campinas
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Campinas organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.