Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Campinas
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with the processes required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Campinas organization can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to block future ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is essential that other important activities such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and data security professionals with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and requires intimate cooperation with the teams focused on data restoration and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for variations.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Copy forensically valid images of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the version of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey each machine and storage device on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first infected system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive incident documentation to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Campinas
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Campinas organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.