Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Campinas
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Campinas business can use Progent's forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to assess the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities like business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and security professionals with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and calls for intimate interaction with the groups responsible for data cleanup and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware hacker. forensics can require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all possibly affected devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to guard backups.
- Preserve forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so your file restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the version of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every machine and storage device on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the attack and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce detailed incident documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Campinas
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Campinas business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.