Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Campinas
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding the processes related to business continuity and data recovery. Your Campinas business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps you to assess the damage and uncovers weaknesses in policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and data security experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for close interaction with the teams focused on file cleanup and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Copy forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your file restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the version of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and user sessions to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any possible lateral migration from the first compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Campinas
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Campinas organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.