Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Las Vegas
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Las Vegas organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light weaknesses in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and requires close cooperation with the teams assigned to data cleanup and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for variations.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Copy forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so the file restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every machine and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential sideways migration from the first infected system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Produce detailed incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Las Vegas
To find out more about ways Progent can assist your Las Vegas business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.