Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Las Vegas
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding the processes required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Las Vegas organization can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves discovering and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights weaknesses in rules or processes that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes like business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and requires intimate interaction with the groups focused on file cleanup and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all potentially affected devices from the system. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to guard backups.
- Capture forensically sound images of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect every machine and data store on the system including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible sideways migration from the originally infected machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce comprehensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Las Vegas
To find out more about how Progent can assist your Las Vegas business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.