Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Las Vegas
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down activity related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Las Vegas organization can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves discovering and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities such as business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and requires intimate cooperation with the teams focused on data cleanup and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to guard backups.
- Preserve forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so your file restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey every machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible sideways movement from the originally infected machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce detailed incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Las Vegas
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Las Vegas organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.