Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Las Vegas
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with the processes related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Las Vegas organization can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights weaknesses in rules or processes that should be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for intimate interaction with the groups assigned to data cleanup and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for variations.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to protect your backups.
- Capture forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so the data recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine every machine and data store on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions to establish the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the originally infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite network services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Las Vegas
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Las Vegas organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.