Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Lubbock
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without impeding the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Lubbock organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to assess the damage and highlights weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complex and requires intimate cooperation with the groups focused on data cleanup and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Preserve forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your file recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine every machine and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and user sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential sideways movement from the first compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide detailed attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Lubbock
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Lubbock business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.