Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Lubbock
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without impeding the processes required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Lubbock business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block future ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to assess the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities like operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and requires intimate cooperation with the teams focused on file recovery and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can require the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound duplicates of all exposed devices so the file restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each machine and data store on the network including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the first infected system
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed incident documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services across the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Lubbock
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Lubbock business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.