Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Lubbock
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting activity related to business continuity and data recovery. Your Lubbock business can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as business resumption are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for close cooperation with the teams assigned to data restoration and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Copy forensically complete digital images of all suspect devices so your data recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect every computer and storage device on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential lateral movement from the first infected system
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce comprehensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Lubbock
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Lubbock business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.