Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Lubbock
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without impeding the processes required for operational continuity and data restoration. Your Lubbock business can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to block future ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or processes that need to be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other important activities such as business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and requires close interaction with the teams responsible for file recovery and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Copy forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each computer and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions to determine the timeline of the attack and to spot any possible sideways movement from the first compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Lubbock
To find out more about how Progent can help your Lubbock business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.