Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Lubbock
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without impeding the processes related to business resumption and data restoration. Your Lubbock business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to assess the impact and highlights gaps in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other key activities like operational continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and calls for close cooperation with the teams assigned to data restoration and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for variations.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your data restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey every machine and data store on the system including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions to establish the time frame of the attack and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommendations to shore up security gaps and improve processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Lubbock
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Lubbock business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.