Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Midtown Manhattan
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down activity related to business resumption and data restoration. Your Midtown Manhattan organization can use Progent's forensics report to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to evaluate the impact and highlights shortcomings in policies or processes that need to be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all possibly affected devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to guard backups.
- Create forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so the file restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey every computer and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Midtown Manhattan
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Midtown Manhattan organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.