Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Midtown Manhattan
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without impeding the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Midtown Manhattan organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for data restoration and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so the data restoration group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey every machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions to determine the timeline of the attack and to spot any potential sideways movement from the originally compromised system
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Midtown Manhattan
To find out more about how Progent can assist your Midtown Manhattan organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.