Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Midtown Manhattan
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding the processes required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Midtown Manhattan business can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light weaknesses in rules or work habits that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other important activities like business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and calls for close cooperation with the teams assigned to file cleanup and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound images of all suspect devices so the file recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each machine and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review log activity and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and improve processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Midtown Manhattan
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Midtown Manhattan business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.