Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in San Mateo
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without slowing down activity required for business resumption and data restoration. Your San Mateo organization can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the impact and brings to light gaps in security policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes like business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and requires intimate cooperation with the teams focused on data recovery and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to guard your backups.
- Create forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so the file recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine each computer and storage device on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the assault and to spot any potential lateral movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in San Mateo
To find out more about ways Progent can assist your San Mateo organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.