Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in San Mateo
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down activity required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your San Mateo organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to counter future ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves discovering and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in policies or processes that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other important activities such as business resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for intimate interaction with the teams focused on data recovery and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for changes.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Preserve forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so your data recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as soon as possible
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect every machine and storage device on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to identify any potential sideways movement from the originally infected machine
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to close security vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in San Mateo
To learn more about how Progent can help your San Mateo organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.