Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Southlake
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting activity required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Southlake business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to counter future ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important activities such as business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and security experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and calls for close interaction with the teams assigned to data recovery and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Copy forensically sound images of all exposed devices so your file restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine each computer and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential lateral migration from the originally infected system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malware
- Produce detailed incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Southlake
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Southlake business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.