Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Southlake
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without impeding the processes related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Southlake business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves discovering and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps you to evaluate the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and security professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and requires close cooperation with the groups focused on data cleanup and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound duplicates of all suspect devices so the file restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect every computer and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to spot any possible lateral migration from the originally compromised system
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce comprehensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security gaps and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Southlake
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Southlake organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.