Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Southlake
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without interfering with activity related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Southlake business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to assess the impact and highlights gaps in policies or processes that need to be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as business resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for intimate interaction with the groups responsible for data recovery and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly affected devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Copy forensically complete images of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine each computer and storage device on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions to establish the timeline of the attack and to spot any possible sideways movement from the first compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Southlake
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Southlake business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.