Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Southlake
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with activity required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Southlake organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to block subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and highlights weaknesses in security policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities such as operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for close interaction with the groups focused on data recovery and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound duplicates of all suspect devices so your data restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey each machine and storage device on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions to determine the timeline of the assault and to identify any potential sideways migration from the first compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Southlake
To learn more about how Progent can help your Southlake business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.