Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Lima
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without interfering with activity required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Lima business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps you to assess the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in rules or processes that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes like operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and security experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires close cooperation with the teams responsible for file restoration and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all possibly affected devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to guard backups.
- Preserve forensically sound duplicates of all suspect devices so your file restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as possible
- Establish the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine each machine and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions to establish the timeline of the assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Provide extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Lima
To find out more about ways Progent can assist your Lima business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.