Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Lima
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without interfering with the processes related to business resumption and data restoration. Your Lima business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights shortcomings in policies or processes that should be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key activities like operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for close cooperation with the groups focused on data restoration and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for changes.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to guard your backups.
- Create forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so the data recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each computer and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential sideways movement from the first infected machine
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide extensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Lima
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Lima business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.