Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Lima
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting the processes related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Lima business can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light gaps in policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes like operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically valid duplicates of all suspect devices so the file restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the version of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every machine and storage device on the network including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions to establish the timeline of the assault and to spot any possible lateral movement from the first compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide extensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to close security gaps and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Lima
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Lima organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.