Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Lima
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with the processes required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Lima business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the impact and uncovers shortcomings in rules or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes like operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and requires intimate cooperation with the teams assigned to file restoration and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to secure your backups.
- Create forensically valid duplicates of all suspect devices so the data recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every machine and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the originally compromised system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to close security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Lima
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Lima business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.