Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Lima
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with activity required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Lima organization can utilize Progent's forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and uncovers gaps in security policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes like business resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has a large team of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and requires close cooperation with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate without shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as soon as possible
- Establish the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine each machine and storage device on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the attack and to spot any possible lateral movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malware
- Produce detailed incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Lima
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Lima organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.