Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Phoenix
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Phoenix organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to assess the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that should be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other key activities such as operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and data security experts with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and requires intimate cooperation with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to guard backups.
- Copy forensically sound duplicates of all suspect devices so the file recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine each computer and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions to establish the timeline of the assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide detailed attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Phoenix
To learn more about how Progent can help your Phoenix organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.