Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Phoenix
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without slowing down the processes required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Phoenix organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to block subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes like business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and calls for intimate interaction with the teams assigned to file recovery and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Create forensically valid images of all suspect devices so the data restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect each computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and sessions to establish the timeline of the assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Phoenix
To find out more about how Progent can assist your Phoenix business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.