Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Naples
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with activity required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Naples organization can use Progent's forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the impact and highlights gaps in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes like operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and requires intimate cooperation with the groups focused on file restoration and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Copy forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so your data recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the version of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible lateral migration from the first infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Naples
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Naples business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.