Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Naples
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes related to business resumption and data restoration. Your Naples organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and highlights gaps in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important activities like business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires close cooperation with the groups focused on file restoration and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware hacker. forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to secure your backups.
- Create forensically sound duplicates of all exposed devices so your file restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey every computer and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review log activity and user sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any possible lateral movement from the originally compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce comprehensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Naples
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Naples business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.