Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Tampa
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding activity related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Tampa business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights gaps in policies or processes that need to be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and data security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and calls for intimate interaction with the teams focused on data cleanup and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to guard your backups.
- Create forensically complete images of all exposed devices so the data recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey each machine and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions to determine the time frame of the attack and to spot any possible sideways movement from the originally infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Tampa
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Tampa business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.