Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Tampa
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down the processes required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Tampa organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for close interaction with the groups responsible for file cleanup and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all potentially affected devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so the file recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect each computer and storage device on the network including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions to determine the time frame of the attack and to identify any potential lateral migration from the originally infected system
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite network services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Tampa
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Tampa business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.