Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Tampa
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting activity related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Tampa business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light shortcomings in policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other key recovery processes like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and requires intimate cooperation with the groups focused on file recovery and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Copy forensically complete digital images of all suspect devices so the file restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review log activity and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the attack and to spot any possible lateral migration from the first infected system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Tampa
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Tampa business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.