Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Tampa
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with the processes required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Tampa business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers gaps in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities such as business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of IT and security experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and requires close cooperation with the groups assigned to data cleanup and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to guard your backups.
- Create forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so the data recovery team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey every machine and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any possible sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide detailed attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Tampa
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Tampa organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.