Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Fremont
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting activity required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Fremont business can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights gaps in rules or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes like operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and requires intimate interaction with the teams responsible for data cleanup and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for changes.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all possibly affected devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to protect backups.
- Create forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so your data recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each machine and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the assault and to spot any possible sideways movement from the first infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Fremont
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Fremont business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.