Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Fremont
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes related to business resumption and data restoration. Your Fremont organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and highlights shortcomings in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other key activities like business resumption are performed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and calls for close cooperation with the teams focused on data recovery and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting off all potentially affected devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically valid images of all suspect devices so the file recovery team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions to establish the timeline of the assault and to spot any possible sideways movement from the first compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce detailed attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Fremont
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Fremont business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.