Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Fremont
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding the processes required for operational continuity and data restoration. Your Fremont organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to assess the damage and brings to light gaps in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as business resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and data security professionals with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires close cooperation with the groups responsible for file cleanup and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to protect backups.
- Preserve forensically sound duplicates of all suspect devices so your file restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Establish the strain of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey every computer and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions to establish the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential lateral migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Fremont
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Fremont organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.