Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Fremont
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down activity required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Fremont business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and requires close cooperation with the teams focused on data restoration and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Capture forensically sound images of all suspect devices so the data recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect every computer and storage device on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and sessions to establish the timeline of the attack and to spot any potential lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce comprehensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to close security vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Fremont
To learn more about how Progent can help your Fremont business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.