Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Atlanta
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding activity required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Atlanta organization can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights weaknesses in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other important activities like operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Copy forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so the file restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each computer and storage device on the system including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the attack and to spot any potential lateral movement from the first infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to shore up security gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Atlanta
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Atlanta business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.