Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Atlanta
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without slowing down the processes required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Atlanta organization can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights gaps in rules or processes that should be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and security experts with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and requires close interaction with the groups focused on file cleanup and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Capture forensically valid images of all exposed devices so the file recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each machine and storage device on the system including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce extensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Atlanta
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Atlanta organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.