Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Boise
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting activity required for operational continuity and data restoration. Your Boise business can use Progent's forensics documentation to counter future ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves determining and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to assess the damage and highlights gaps in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities like operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of information technology and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups assigned to file restoration and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all potentially affected devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so the file recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as soon as possible
- Identify the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each machine and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed incident documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- List recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Boise
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Boise organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.