Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Boise
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with the processes related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Boise business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves determining and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights gaps in policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and requires intimate cooperation with the teams assigned to file cleanup and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware hacker. forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Isolate without shutting down all potentially affected devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to guard backups.
- Create forensically valid images of all suspect devices so your data recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as possible
- Identify the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect each computer and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential sideways movement from the first infected system
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to close security gaps and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Boise
To find out more about how Progent can assist your Boise business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.