Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Guarulhos
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without interfering with the processes related to business continuity and data recovery. Your Guarulhos organization can use Progent's forensics documentation to combat future ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics involves discovering and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps you to assess the impact and brings to light gaps in rules or processes that need to be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and requires close interaction with the groups focused on file recovery and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically complete images of all exposed devices so your file restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every computer and storage device on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the attack and to spot any possible sideways migration from the first compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Guarulhos
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Guarulhos business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.