Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Guarulhos
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting the processes related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Guarulhos business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to assess the damage and uncovers weaknesses in rules or processes that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is typically assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes like operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams focused on file recovery and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to protect your backups.
- Copy forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so the file restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Identify the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect every machine and storage device on the system including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide extensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Guarulhos
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Guarulhos organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.