Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Guarulhos
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with the processes required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Guarulhos organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights weaknesses in rules or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and requires intimate interaction with the teams focused on data restoration and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly affected devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so the data restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each computer and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the attack and to spot any possible sideways movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to close security gaps and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Guarulhos
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Guarulhos business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.