Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Porto Alegre
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Porto Alegre organization can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to counter future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to assess the damage and brings to light weaknesses in policies or processes that should be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities such as operational continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups assigned to file restoration and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound images of all exposed devices so your data recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey every computer and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and sessions to establish the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible lateral migration from the originally infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Porto Alegre
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Porto Alegre business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.