Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Porto Alegre
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without slowing down the processes related to business resumption and data restoration. Your Porto Alegre business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to counter future ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities such as business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and calls for close interaction with the teams focused on data cleanup and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically complete digital images of all suspect devices so the data restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as soon as possible
- Determine the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey every computer and data store on the network including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible sideways migration from the first infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce comprehensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Porto Alegre
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Porto Alegre organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.