Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Porto Alegre
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without impeding the processes required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Porto Alegre business can use Progent's forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and highlights gaps in rules or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other important activities such as operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for data recovery and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Capture forensically complete digital images of all exposed devices so your data recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as possible
- Establish the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect every machine and storage device on the system including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the first compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Provide extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Document recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Porto Alegre
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Porto Alegre organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.