Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Porto Alegre
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down activity related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Porto Alegre organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to block future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as business resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams focused on file restoration and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for changes.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all potentially affected devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to guard backups.
- Capture forensically valid images of all suspect devices so the data restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine each machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential lateral migration from the first infected system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce detailed incident documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Porto Alegre
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Porto Alegre organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.