Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Porto Alegre
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding the processes related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Porto Alegre business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to block subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights shortcomings in policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups assigned to data cleanup and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all potentially affected devices from the system. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Copy forensically complete images of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey every machine and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review logs and sessions to determine the time frame of the attack and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce extensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- List recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Porto Alegre
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Porto Alegre business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.