Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Rancho Cordova
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding the processes required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Rancho Cordova organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to assess the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and requires intimate cooperation with the groups assigned to data restoration and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for variations.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to secure your backups.
- Create forensically complete images of all exposed devices so your file restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as possible
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect every machine and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions to determine the time frame of the attack and to identify any potential lateral movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide extensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to close security gaps and improve processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Rancho Cordova
To find out more about ways Progent can assist your Rancho Cordova organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.