Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Rancho Cordova
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Rancho Cordova business can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves discovering and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps you to assess the damage and uncovers shortcomings in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities such as business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and requires intimate interaction with the teams assigned to file cleanup and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to guard your backups.
- Copy forensically complete digital images of all exposed devices so your data recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine each machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential sideways movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed incident documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- Document recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Rancho Cordova
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Rancho Cordova organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.