Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Rancho Cordova
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes related to business continuity and data recovery. Your Rancho Cordova business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to assess the damage and highlights weaknesses in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams assigned to file recovery and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to protect your backups.
- Capture forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey each computer and storage device on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions to determine the timeline of the attack and to spot any possible sideways migration from the originally compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide extensive incident documentation to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Rancho Cordova
To learn more about how Progent can help your Rancho Cordova business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.