Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Rancho Cordova
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting the processes related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Rancho Cordova organization can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics involves discovering and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in rules or processes that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important activities such as operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups assigned to file recovery and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Create forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so the data recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every machine and data store on the system including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce comprehensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Rancho Cordova
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Rancho Cordova organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.