Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Rancho Cordova
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting activity related to business resumption and data restoration. Your Rancho Cordova business can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to block subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps you to assess the damage and highlights shortcomings in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Copy forensically complete images of all exposed devices so the file recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the variety of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect every computer and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential sideways migration from the originally compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Rancho Cordova
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Rancho Cordova business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.