Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Belo Horizonte
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without slowing down the processes related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Belo Horizonte business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and highlights gaps in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and calls for close interaction with the teams focused on file recovery and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Capture forensically valid images of all suspect devices so the file recovery team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each computer and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions to establish the timeline of the assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the originally compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce comprehensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Belo Horizonte
To find out more about how Progent can assist your Belo Horizonte business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.