Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Belo Horizonte
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down activity required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Belo Horizonte business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to counter future ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights weaknesses in security policies or processes that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities like business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and calls for close cooperation with the teams responsible for file recovery and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for changes.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so the data recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the variety of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine each machine and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible sideways migration from the originally infected system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and determine if they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Belo Horizonte
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Belo Horizonte organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.