Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Belo Horizonte
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with the processes related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Belo Horizonte organization can use Progent's forensics documentation to block future ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and uncovers weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other key activities such as business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and requires close interaction with the groups responsible for data recovery and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to protect your backups.
- Capture forensically valid images of all exposed devices so the file restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as soon as possible
- Identify the variety of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey each machine and storage device on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible lateral migration from the originally compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Belo Horizonte
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Belo Horizonte organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.