Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Belo Horizonte
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with activity required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Belo Horizonte business can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light shortcomings in rules or processes that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities like operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and security experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and calls for intimate interaction with the teams responsible for file cleanup and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so your file restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as soon as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect each computer and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to spot any possible lateral migration from the originally infected system
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce detailed attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services throughout the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP applications. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Belo Horizonte
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Belo Horizonte organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.