Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Belo Horizonte
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Belo Horizonte organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps you to assess the impact and uncovers gaps in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes like operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and security professionals with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and calls for close interaction with the groups responsible for file cleanup and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to guard your backups.
- Create forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your file restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Determine the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect each computer and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the first infected machine
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP applications. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Belo Horizonte
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Belo Horizonte business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.