Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Jersey City
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with activity required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Jersey City business can utilize Progent's forensics report to block future ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes like operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and data security professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and requires close interaction with the teams focused on file cleanup and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to guard your backups.
- Capture forensically complete images of all exposed devices so the data recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and user sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Jersey City
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Jersey City organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.