Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Kansas City
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with activity required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Kansas City business can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to assess the damage and brings to light gaps in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important activities like business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and data security experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and calls for close interaction with the teams responsible for data recovery and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to protect backups.
- Capture forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so your data recovery group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every machine and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential lateral movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommended improvements to close security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Kansas City
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Kansas City organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.