Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Sherman Oaks
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting the processes required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Sherman Oaks business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers weaknesses in rules or work habits that should be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other key activities like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and requires intimate interaction with the teams assigned to file cleanup and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete digital images of all suspect devices so the file recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine every computer and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Review logs and sessions to establish the time frame of the attack and to identify any potential lateral movement from the first compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce extensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Sherman Oaks
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Sherman Oaks business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.