Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Sherman Oaks
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting activity related to business continuity and data recovery. Your Sherman Oaks organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers weaknesses in policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and requires close cooperation with the groups focused on file recovery and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for changes.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Capture forensically complete images of all suspect devices so the file restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every computer and storage device on the system including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions to establish the timeline of the assault and to identify any possible sideways movement from the originally infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to shore up security gaps and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Sherman Oaks
To learn more about how Progent can help your Sherman Oaks organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.