Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Sioux Falls
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Sioux Falls business can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to block subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to assess the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and requires close cooperation with the teams focused on file restoration and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete images of all exposed devices so your file restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each machine and data store on the system including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce extensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Sioux Falls
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Sioux Falls organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.