Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Sioux Falls
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without impeding activity related to business continuity and data recovery. Your Sioux Falls business can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security experts with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and requires close cooperation with the teams responsible for file recovery and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting down all possibly affected devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound duplicates of all suspect devices so the file recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as soon as possible
- Identify the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect each computer and data store on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Review logs and user sessions to establish the time frame of the attack and to identify any potential lateral movement from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Sioux Falls
To find out more about how Progent can assist your Sioux Falls organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.