Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Sioux Falls
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting the processes related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Sioux Falls business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and calls for close interaction with the teams assigned to file recovery and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for variations.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Copy forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions to determine the time frame of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce extensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Sioux Falls
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Sioux Falls business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.