Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Sydney
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without impeding activity required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Sydney organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to block future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and calls for close cooperation with the teams assigned to file cleanup and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically valid images of all suspect devices so your file restoration group can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Identify the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey every computer and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review log activity and user sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Provide extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Sydney
To learn more about how Progent can help your Sydney business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.