Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Sydney
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Sydney organization can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the impact and highlights gaps in policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other important activities like business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and security professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups assigned to file cleanup and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for changes.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to guard your backups.
- Copy forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your data restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine each computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential sideways movement from the first compromised system
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Sydney
To find out more about ways Progent can assist your Sydney business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.