Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Sydney
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without slowing down the processes required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Sydney business can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and documenting the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and uncovers shortcomings in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and requires close cooperation with the teams assigned to file recovery and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically sound duplicates of all exposed devices so the data recovery team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect every machine and data store on the network including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions to determine the timeline of the attack and to identify any potential sideways movement from the originally compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Sydney
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Sydney organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.