Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Sydney
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Sydney business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps you to assess the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and security professionals with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for close interaction with the teams focused on data restoration and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Copy forensically complete images of all suspect devices so the data recovery group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every machine and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions to establish the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible sideways movement from the originally compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- Document recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Sydney
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Sydney business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.