Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Webster
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with the processes related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Webster business can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to assess the impact and uncovers weaknesses in rules or processes that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities such as business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and requires close interaction with the teams focused on data recovery and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for changes.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to guard your backups.
- Capture forensically valid images of all suspect devices so your data restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every machine and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible lateral movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommendations to close security gaps and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Webster
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Webster business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.