Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in El Paso
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down activity required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your El Paso organization can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes like business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and security professionals with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and requires close interaction with the groups assigned to file restoration and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to secure your backups.
- Create forensically sound images of all suspect devices so your file recovery group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey every machine and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any possible sideways migration from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed attack documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in El Paso
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your El Paso business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.