Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in El Paso
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting the processes required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your El Paso organization can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and documenting the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the damage and brings to light gaps in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large team of information technology and security professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and calls for intimate interaction with the teams focused on file recovery and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate without shutting down all possibly affected devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to guard your backups.
- Capture forensically complete images of all suspect devices so the data recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the strain of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey every computer and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in El Paso
To find out more about ways Progent can assist your El Paso business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.