Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in El Paso
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without slowing down the processes required for business resumption and data restoration. Your El Paso business can use Progent's forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to evaluate the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and requires intimate interaction with the teams responsible for file recovery and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to protect your backups.
- Copy forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so your file recovery group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect every computer and storage device on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide extensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security gaps and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in El Paso
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your El Paso organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.