Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in El Paso
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with activity related to business resumption and data recovery. Your El Paso organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves discovering and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light gaps in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and requires close cooperation with the groups assigned to file cleanup and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware hacker. forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate without shutting down all potentially affected devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to guard your backups.
- Copy forensically sound duplicates of all suspect devices so the file restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible lateral migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in El Paso
To learn more information about how Progent can help your El Paso business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.