Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in El Paso
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down the processes required for business resumption and data restoration. Your El Paso business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to assess the impact and highlights weaknesses in rules or processes that need to be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes like business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for intimate interaction with the teams focused on file cleanup and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can require the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically complete digital images of all exposed devices so the file restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine each machine and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the first infected system
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in El Paso
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your El Paso business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.