Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Irvine
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without interfering with activity required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Irvine organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps you to assess the damage and uncovers weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other key activities such as operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and requires intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for data restoration and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Establish the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every computer and data store on the system including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the first compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Irvine
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Irvine business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.