Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Irvine
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding activity related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Irvine organization can utilize Progent's forensics report to combat future ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves discovering and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as business continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for close cooperation with the groups assigned to data cleanup and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Copy forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so the file recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible sideways migration from the originally compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Document recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and improve processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Irvine
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Irvine business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.