Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Scottsdale
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without slowing down activity related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Scottsdale business can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps you to assess the impact and uncovers weaknesses in rules or processes that should be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for data cleanup and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting down all potentially affected devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to guard your backups.
- Create forensically sound duplicates of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each computer and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the first compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce extensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommended improvements to close security gaps and improve processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite network services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Scottsdale
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Scottsdale business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.