Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Scottsdale
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting activity required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Scottsdale organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to assess the damage and uncovers shortcomings in rules or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes like business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and security professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and requires close interaction with the teams assigned to data cleanup and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to guard your backups.
- Create forensically complete images of all suspect devices so your file recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Determine the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect each computer and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible sideways movement from the first infected system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Scottsdale
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Scottsdale organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.