Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Minneapolis
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting activity required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Minneapolis business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and highlights gaps in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes like operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and requires intimate cooperation with the groups focused on file cleanup and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the system. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to protect backups.
- Create forensically complete digital images of all exposed devices so the data recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions to establish the time frame of the assault and to spot any possible sideways migration from the originally infected machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Minneapolis
To find out more about how Progent can help your Minneapolis business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.