Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Lawrence
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down the processes required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Lawrence business can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to block future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light gaps in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key activities such as business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and calls for intimate interaction with the groups assigned to data recovery and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for variations.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the system. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Copy forensically complete images of all exposed devices so the file recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect each computer and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the attack and to spot any possible lateral migration from the originally infected system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Lawrence
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Lawrence organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.