Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Lawrence
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Lawrence business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers shortcomings in security policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and data security professionals with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complex and requires intimate cooperation with the groups responsible for data recovery and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to secure backups.
- Copy forensically sound duplicates of all exposed devices so your file restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the version of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect each machine and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and user sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce detailed incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to close security gaps and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Lawrence
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Lawrence business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.