Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Lawrence
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down activity related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Lawrence organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that should be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important activities such as operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and requires close interaction with the teams assigned to file cleanup and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for variations.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly affected devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to secure backups.
- Copy forensically sound images of all exposed devices so your file restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every machine and storage device on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the assault and to spot any possible lateral movement from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Lawrence
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Lawrence business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.