Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Lawrence
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with activity required for operational continuity and data restoration. Your Lawrence organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps you to assess the damage and uncovers weaknesses in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other key activities like operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups responsible for file cleanup and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly affected devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Capture forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so your data restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the version of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect each computer and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the originally compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malicious
- Provide extensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- Document recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Lawrence
To find out more about ways Progent can assist your Lawrence business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.