Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel are likely to be slower to recognize a penetration and are less able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware can make inside a victim's system, the more time it will require to restore core IT services and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide you to complete the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Jacksonville metro area to identify and isolate infected devices and guard clean assets from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Jacksonville
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any accessible backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated restoration nearly impossible and basically knocks the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware assault, demand a settlement payment in exchange for the decryption tools required to recover encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate information and TAs require an extra ransom in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you can restore your network to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue according to the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware penetration involves several crucial stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough members with the necessary experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial step involves arresting the lateral progress of the attack within your IT system. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to run unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response experts. Quarantine activities include cutting off infected endpoint devices from the network to block the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a minimal acceptable degree of capability with the least delay. This process is typically the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This activity also requires the broadest array of IT abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical apps, network topology, and safe remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced workgroup platforms to coordinate the complex recovery effort. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to put vital resources back online as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to restore data impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and which recovery techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not carefully closed, might need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to locate clean data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on staff PCs and laptops that were off line during the assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can help you to utilize immutability for cloud storage, allowing tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including administrators or root users. Immutable storage provides another level of protection and restoration ability in the event of a successful ransomware attack.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the same anti-virus technology deployed by some of the world's largest corporations including Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware blocking, identification, mitigation, restoration and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring cuts TCO, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Services include establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement and timeline with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryption utility; debugging decryption problems; creating a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition; and restoring machines and software services.
- Forensics: This activity involves discovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Expertise in Jacksonville
For ransomware recovery consulting services in the Jacksonville area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.