Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT staff are likely to be slower to recognize a breach and are less able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to make within a victim's system, the longer it will require to recover basic operations and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide organizations to take the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware experts can help organizations in the Lawrence metro area to identify and quarantine breached devices and protect clean resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Lawrence
Modern strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any available backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system restoration almost impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, insist on a ransom fee for the decryption tools required to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate files and hackers require an additional payment for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem depending on the nature of the downloaded data.
The recovery process subsequent to ransomware attack has a number of distinct phases, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first step involves arresting the lateral progress of ransomware across your network. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to run unchecked, the longer and more expensive the recovery process. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine activities consist of isolating affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a basic useful degree of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also demands the widest array of IT abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network topology, and safe remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced collaboration platforms to organize the complex restoration process. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and network support group to prioritize tasks and to put vital resources back online as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to recover files impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the systems, how many files are affected, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not properly closed, may have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to find clean data. For example, undamaged OST files may exist on staff PCs and laptops that were off line at the time of the assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can assist you to deploy immutability for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by anyone including administrators or root users. This adds an extra level of security and recoverability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the same AV technology deployed by many of the world's largest corporations such as Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware filtering, classification, containment, recovery and forensics in one integrated platform, ProSight ASM reduces TCO, simplifies management, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Activities consist of determining the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryption utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; mapping and connecting drives to match exactly their pre-encryption condition; and recovering machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps you to assess the impact and highlights weaknesses in rules or processes that need to be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for variations. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes like business continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large team of information technology and data security experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting Services in Lawrence
For ransomware system recovery consulting services in the Lawrence area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.