Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel are likely to be slower to recognize a breach and are less able to organize a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve inside a victim's system, the longer it takes to recover core operations and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to complete the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Lawrence area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and protect undamaged assets from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Lawrence
Modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any available system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and effectively knocks the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a settlement fee for the decryption tools needed to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate files and TAs demand an extra payment in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem depending on the nature of the stolen information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware penetration has a number of crucial phases, the majority of which can proceed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent first step requires arresting the sideways progress of the attack within your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to run unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine activities consist of isolating infected endpoints from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a minimal acceptable level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also demands the broadest array of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and secure endpoint access. Progent's recovery team uses advanced collaboration platforms to coordinate the multi-faceted restoration process. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's management and network support staff to prioritize activity and to put critical resources on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The work required to restore files impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and what restore methods are required. Ransomware assaults can take down pivotal databases which, if not gracefully closed, might need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were off line at the time of the attack.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the same AV technology used by some of the world's biggest enterprises such as Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware filtering, identification, mitigation, restoration and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts TCO, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities include determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a pristine environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption condition; and restoring computers and software services.
- Forensics: This activity involves learning the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to assess the impact and highlights gaps in policies or processes that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting in Lawrence
For ransomware recovery expertise in the Lawrence metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.