Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when support staff are likely to take longer to recognize a penetration and are least able to organize a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage inside a victim's system, the more time it takes to restore basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide you to carry out the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Lawrence metro area to locate and quarantine infected devices and guard clean resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Lawrence
Current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and attack any available system restores. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated restoration nearly impossible and effectively throws the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware attack, insist on a settlement payment in exchange for the decryptors needed to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers require an additional ransom for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The restoration work after a ransomware penetration has a number of distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has enough people with the required experience.
- Containment: This time-critical first response involves arresting the lateral progress of ransomware within your network. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery engineers. Quarantine activities consist of cutting off infected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a basic useful degree of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is usually the top priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also demands the widest range of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and secure remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to coordinate the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and network support group to prioritize activity and to put essential resources on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to recover data damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and what recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not carefully shut down, might need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to find clean data. For instance, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were off line during the assault.
- Setting up modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the identical anti-virus technology deployed by some of the world's largest enterprises including Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware filtering, identification, mitigation, repair and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ASM lowers TCO, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Activities include determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; receiving, learning, and operating the decryptor utility; troubleshooting failed files; creating a pristine environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-attack condition; and restoring machines and software services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for variations. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key activities like business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and security experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Expertise in Lawrence
For ransomware system restoration expertise in the Lawrence metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.