Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff may take longer to recognize a breach and are less able to organize a quick and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage within a target's system, the more time it will require to recover core operations and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist organizations to complete the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist organizations in the Sherman Oaks area to locate and quarantine breached devices and protect clean resources from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Offered in Sherman Oaks
Current strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any available system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system recovery almost impossible and basically throws the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, demand a settlement fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers require an extra payment in exchange for not posting this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your network to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem depending on the nature of the downloaded information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware penetration has several crucial phases, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial response requires blocking the lateral spread of ransomware across your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to run unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response experts. Containment processes include cutting off infected endpoints from the rest of network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful degree of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This activity also demands the widest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and safe endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use advanced workgroup tools to coordinate the complex recovery effort. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a client's managers and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to put vital services on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort necessary to restore files impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and which restore methods are required. Ransomware attacks can take down key databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to find clean data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff desktop computers and laptops that were off line at the time of the attack.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the same AV technology used by some of the world's biggest enterprises such as Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware filtering, detection, containment, repair and forensics in a single integrated platform, ProSight ASM cuts TCO, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Services include establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the insurance provider; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryptor utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-attack state; and restoring physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect variations. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other key activities such as operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting in Sherman Oaks
For ransomware system restoration services in the Sherman Oaks metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.