Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel may take longer to recognize a penetration and are least able to organize a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can manage inside a target's system, the more time it will require to restore core IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide you to carry out the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Sherman Oaks metro area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Sherman Oaks
Modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and attack any accessible system restores and backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated restoration nearly impossible and basically sets the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, demand a ransom payment for the decryption tools needed to recover scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate files and hackers require an additional ransom in exchange for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue depending on the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware penetration has a number of crucial phases, most of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery team has enough members with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial step involves arresting the lateral spread of ransomware within your network. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to run unchecked, the longer and more costly the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Quarantine processes consist of cutting off affected endpoints from the rest of network to block the contagion, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful degree of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is typically the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This activity also demands the widest array of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network topology, and protected endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced workgroup platforms to organize the complicated recovery effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's managers and network support group to prioritize tasks and to get critical services on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the state of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and which recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down pivotal databases which, if not properly closed, might have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to locate undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on staff desktop computers and laptops that were not connected at the time of the attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to utilize immutable backup for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by any user including administrators or root users. This provides another level of protection and restoration ability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Setting up advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical AV tools used by some of the world's biggest enterprises including Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware blocking, classification, mitigation, repair and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ASM lowers total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Services consist of establishing the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, learning, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging failed files; creating a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack state; and restoring computers and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves learning the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes like business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Expertise in Sherman Oaks
For ransomware system restoration consulting services in the Sherman Oaks area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.