Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff are likely to take longer to become aware of a penetration and are least able to mount a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage within a victim's network, the more time it will require to recover core IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide organizations to carry out the time-critical first step in responding to a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineer can assist organizations in the Sherman Oaks area to identify and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and protect clean resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Sherman Oaks
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online files and invade any available system restores and backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware assault, demand a settlement fee for the decryption tools required to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers require an additional settlement for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a major issue according to the nature of the stolen information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware attack involves a number of crucial phases, most of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This urgent first response requires blocking the sideways progress of ransomware across your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the longer and more costly the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery engineers. Quarantine activities consist of cutting off infected endpoints from the network to block the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the network to a basic useful level of functionality with the least delay. This effort is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also requires the widest array of IT abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and protected remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to coordinate the complicated restoration process. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's managers and network support group to prioritize activity and to put vital resources back online as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not carefully shut down, may need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to find clean data. For example, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on employees' PCs and laptops that were off line during the ransomware attack.
- Setting up modern AV/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM gives small and medium-sized businesses the advantages of the identical anti-virus technology deployed by many of the world's biggest enterprises such as Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware blocking, detection, containment, repair and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ASM cuts total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and expedites operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Services consist of establishing the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, learning, and operating the decryption utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack state; and restoring machines and services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to assess the impact and highlights gaps in rules or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance provider. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key activities like business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and data security professionals with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting in Sherman Oaks
For ransomware cleanup expertise in the Sherman Oaks metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.