Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel are likely to be slower to become aware of a break-in and are least able to mount a quick and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage within a target's system, the more time it will require to restore basic IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to carry out the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware engineers can help organizations in the Sherman Oaks metro area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Sherman Oaks
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and attack any accessible system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system restoration almost impossible and effectively knocks the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, demand a settlement payment for the decryptors required to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate information and hackers require an additional settlement for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a big issue according to the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware penetration has a number of distinct stages, most of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery team has enough people with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial step involves blocking the sideways spread of the attack within your network. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to run unchecked, the more complex and more costly the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response experts. Containment processes include cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to block the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the network to a basic useful level of functionality with the least downtime. This effort is usually at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This project also demands the broadest array of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network topology, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration tools to organize the complex restoration process. Progent understands the importance of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and network support group to prioritize tasks and to put vital resources back online as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work required to recover files damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and which recovery methods are required. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not gracefully closed, might have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to locate clean data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected during the attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can help you to deploy immutability for cloud storage, allowing tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including administrators. Immutable storage adds an extra level of security and recoverability in case of a successful ransomware attack.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the same anti-virus technology implemented by some of the world's largest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware filtering, classification, mitigation, recovery and analysis in a single integrated platform, ProSight ASM cuts total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Activities include establishing the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryptor utility; troubleshooting failed files; building a clean environment; remapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption condition; and restoring computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves uncovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and uncovers weaknesses in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large team of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Expertise in Sherman Oaks
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Sherman Oaks area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.