Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff are likely to take longer to recognize a break-in and are less able to mount a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to achieve within a target's network, the more time it will require to restore core operations and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide organizations to complete the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware expert can assist businesses in the Sherman Oaks area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard undamaged assets from being penetrated.
If your network has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Sherman Oaks
Current strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and attack any accessible backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated restoration nearly impossible and basically throws the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, insist on a settlement fee for the decryptors required to recover encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers require an additional payment for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the nature of the stolen information.
The recovery work after a ransomware attack has several crucial phases, most of which can proceed in parallel if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial response involves blocking the lateral spread of ransomware across your network. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to go unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine processes consist of cutting off infected endpoints from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a basic useful degree of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This process is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also demands the widest array of IT abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and safe endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced workgroup platforms to coordinate the complex recovery effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's managers and IT staff to prioritize activity and to get essential services back online as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover files damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the systems, how many files are affected, and which restore techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy key databases which, if not gracefully shut down, may have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to locate clean data. For instance, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' PCs and laptops that were off line during the ransomware assault.
- Implementing advanced AV/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM gives small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the identical anti-virus technology deployed by many of the world's biggest enterprises including Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware blocking, detection, mitigation, restoration and analysis in a single integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Activities consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and schedule with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryption tool; debugging failed files; creating a pristine environment; mapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition; and restoring computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for variations. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes like operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting in Sherman Oaks
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Sherman Oaks area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.