Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel may take longer to become aware of a breach and are less able to mount a quick and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware can manage within a target's system, the more time it takes to recover core IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist organizations to complete the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help organizations in the Scottsdale metro area to locate and isolate infected servers and endpoints and protect undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Scottsdale
Modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any accessible backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system recovery almost impossible and basically throws the IT system back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, demand a ransom payment in exchange for the decryptors required to recover scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate files and TAs demand an additional settlement for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to rollback your network to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue depending on the nature of the downloaded data.
The restoration work after a ransomware attack has a number of crucial phases, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent initial response involves blocking the lateral spread of the attack across your network. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to go unrestricted, the longer and more costly the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Containment activities include cutting off infected endpoints from the rest of network to block the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a basic acceptable degree of capability with the least delay. This effort is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This activity also requires the widest array of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and safe remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup tools to organize the complicated restoration process. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's management and IT staff to prioritize activity and to get vital resources back online as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort necessary to restore files impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the network, the number of files that are affected, and what restore methods are required. Ransomware attacks can take down key databases which, if not carefully shut down, might have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other mission-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to locate clean data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on staff PCs and notebooks that were off line during the attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can help you to utilize immutability for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by any user including administrators or root users. Immutable storage provides an extra level of security and restoration ability in the event of a successful ransomware attack.
- Setting up advanced AV/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the same anti-virus tools deployed by some of the world's largest corporations such as Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware filtering, identification, mitigation, recovery and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ASM cuts TCO, simplifies management, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Services include determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and timeline with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption tool; debugging decryption problems; creating a clean environment; remapping and connecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition; and reprovisioning physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers weaknesses in policies or processes that need to be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for changes. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities such as operational continuity are performed in parallel. Progent has a large team of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Services in Scottsdale
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Scottsdale area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.