Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and at night, when support staff are likely to be slower to become aware of a penetration and are less able to mount a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can make within a target's system, the longer it will require to recover core operations and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to complete the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist organizations in the Spokane area to locate and isolate breached servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Spokane
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online files and infiltrate any available backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment for the decryption tools required to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an extra payment in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem according to the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The recovery work after a ransomware penetration involves several crucial phases, most of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent first step involves arresting the lateral progress of ransomware within your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to go unchecked, the more complex and more costly the restoration process. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response experts. Quarantine processes consist of isolating affected endpoints from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the network to a minimal useful degree of capability with the least downtime. This process is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This project also demands the broadest array of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and secure remote access management. Progent's recovery team uses advanced collaboration platforms to organize the multi-faceted restoration effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to put vital services on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to restore data damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the systems, how many files are affected, and which restore techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy pivotal databases which, if not properly shut down, may have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many financial and other mission-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For example, undamaged OST files may have survived on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were not connected at the time of the attack.
- Setting up advanced AV/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the identical AV technology implemented by many of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware blocking, identification, containment, restoration and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring cuts total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a certified SentinelOne Partner. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Services consist of establishing the type of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement and schedule with the hacker; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryptor tool; debugging failed files; building a clean environment; remapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-encryption state; and recovering machines and services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at discovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to assess the damage and uncovers gaps in policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for variations. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key activities like operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Services in Spokane
For ransomware recovery consulting services in the Spokane area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.