Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to recognize a break-in and are least able to mount a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage within a victim's network, the more time it will require to recover basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist organizations to complete the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware experts can help organizations in the Spokane metro area to locate and isolate breached devices and protect clean resources from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Spokane
Current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online files and attack any accessible backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system recovery almost impossible and effectively knocks the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware attack, insist on a settlement payment in exchange for the decryptors needed to recover encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and hackers demand an additional payment for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue according to the nature of the downloaded information.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware attack involves a number of distinct phases, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response team has a sufficient number of members with the required experience.
- Containment: This urgent first response requires arresting the sideways spread of ransomware within your IT system. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes consist of cutting off infected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a minimal useful degree of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This project also requires the widest array of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and safe endpoint access management. Progent's recovery experts use advanced workgroup tools to coordinate the complex recovery process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to put critical services back online as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to recover files damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can destroy pivotal databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to find clean data. For instance, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were not connected during the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can help you to utilize immutability for cloud object storage, allowing tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including administrators. This provides another level of protection and recoverability in the event of a ransomware breach.
- Setting up modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the same anti-virus tools implemented by some of the world's biggest enterprises including Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware blocking, classification, containment, recovery and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ASM reduces TCO, streamlines management, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider, if any. Activities include establishing the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryption utility; troubleshooting failed files; building a pristine environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption condition; and restoring machines and services.
- Forensics: This activity involves discovering the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Services in Spokane
For ransomware system restoration expertise in the Spokane metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.