Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT personnel are likely to be slower to become aware of a breach and are least able to mount a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can make within a target's network, the longer it will require to recover core operations and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist organizations to take the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware engineer can assist organizations in the Milwaukee metro area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and protect clean assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Milwaukee
Modern strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any available system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated restoration nearly impossible and effectively knocks the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee in exchange for the decryptors needed to recover scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs require an extra ransom in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue depending on the nature of the downloaded data.
The recovery work after a ransomware attack has several distinct stages, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the response team has enough members with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first response requires blocking the sideways spread of the attack across your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to run unrestricted, the longer and more costly the restoration process. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response experts. Containment processes consist of isolating infected endpoints from the network to minimize the contagion, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the network to a minimal useful level of capability with the least delay. This process is typically the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This activity also requires the broadest array of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and safe endpoint access management. Progent's recovery team uses state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to organize the complicated recovery effort. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to put vital resources back online as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work required to recover files impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the condition of the network, the number of files that are affected, and what restore techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not carefully shut down, may need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other business-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to locate clean data. For example, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were off line during the assault.
- Setting up advanced AV/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM offers small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical anti-virus technology implemented by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware blocking, classification, mitigation, recovery and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and expedites operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Services consist of establishing the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption tool; debugging decryption problems; building a pristine environment; remapping and connecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensics: This activity involves uncovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that need to be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the insurance provider. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting in Milwaukee
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Milwaukee metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.