Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff may take longer to recognize a breach and are least able to organize a quick and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware can make inside a victim's network, the longer it takes to restore basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to complete the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Fort Myers metro area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Fort Myers
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any accessible system restores and backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and basically knocks the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement payment for the decryption tools needed to recover encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate information and hackers demand an additional payment in exchange for not posting this information on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a major problem depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The restoration work after a ransomware attack has several distinct stages, most of which can be performed in parallel if the response team has enough members with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial response involves arresting the lateral spread of the attack within your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the restoration process. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware recovery engineers. Containment activities consist of cutting off infected endpoints from the rest of network to minimize the contagion, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a basic acceptable degree of capability with the shortest possible delay. This effort is usually at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also requires the broadest array of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network topology, and secure remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to coordinate the complex restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's management and IT group to prioritize activity and to put essential resources on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the state of the systems, how many files are affected, and what restore techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy key databases which, if not properly shut down, may need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For instance, undamaged OST files may have survived on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were off line at the time of the assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can assist you to utilize immutability for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by any user including administrators or root users. Immutable storage adds an extra level of security and recoverability in the event of a ransomware breach.
- Deploying modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the same anti-virus technology implemented by some of the world's largest enterprises including Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware blocking, identification, mitigation, recovery and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM lowers total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and expedites operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Services include establishing the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, learning, and using the decryption tool; debugging decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition; and recovering machines and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for variations. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Services in Fort Myers
For ransomware system recovery services in the Fort Myers metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.