Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to recognize a break-in and are less able to mount a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage inside a victim's system, the longer it will require to recover core operations and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to take the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can assist organizations in the Fort Myers metro area to identify and isolate infected devices and guard clean assets from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Fort Myers
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and attack any available system restores. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system restoration almost impossible and basically knocks the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, demand a ransom payment in exchange for the decryption tools required to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate information and hackers require an additional payment for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the nature of the stolen information.
The restoration work after a ransomware attack involves several distinct phases, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the response team has enough people with the required experience.
- Containment: This time-critical initial step requires arresting the lateral spread of ransomware within your network. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to go unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Containment processes consist of isolating affected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a minimal useful level of capability with the least downtime. This process is typically the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This project also demands the widest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and protected endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use advanced workgroup platforms to organize the complex restoration process. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to put essential resources back online as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to recover files damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and which recovery techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy critical databases which, if not gracefully closed, might have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other business-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to locate clean data. For example, non-encrypted OST files may exist on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were off line during the assault.
- Implementing advanced AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the same AV technology used by some of the world's biggest corporations including Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware filtering, identification, mitigation, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight ASM cuts TCO, streamlines administration, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Services include establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryption utility; debugging failed files; creating a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state; and recovering computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at uncovering the ransomware attack's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights weaknesses in policies or processes that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect variations. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes like operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting Services in Fort Myers
For ransomware system restoration consulting in the Fort Myers area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.