Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff may be slower to recognize a penetration and are least able to mount a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve inside a target's system, the longer it will require to restore basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to carry out the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Fort Myers area to locate and isolate breached devices and guard undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Fort Myers
Current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and infiltrate any available backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system restoration almost impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, demand a ransom payment in exchange for the decryptors needed to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also attempt to exfiltrate files and hackers demand an additional payment in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a big issue according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The recovery work after a ransomware penetration involves a number of distinct phases, most of which can be performed in parallel if the response team has enough people with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first response involves arresting the lateral spread of ransomware across your network. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to go unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Quarantine processes consist of cutting off infected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a minimal useful level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This process is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also demands the broadest array of IT abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and secure remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to coordinate the complex recovery process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's management and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to get vital resources on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work required to restore files impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and which restore methods are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy pivotal databases which, if not gracefully closed, may have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to locate clean data. For example, non-encrypted OST files may have survived on employees' PCs and notebooks that were off line at the time of the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can help you to deploy immutable backup for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by any user including administrators or root users. This provides an extra level of security and recoverability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Setting up modern AV/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the identical anti-virus technology deployed by some of the world's largest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware blocking, identification, mitigation, restoration and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM reduces TCO, streamlines administration, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Activities consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and schedule with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryption tool; troubleshooting failed files; building a pristine environment; mapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition; and recovering computers and services.
- Forensics: This process involves discovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light gaps in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect variations. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important activities like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting Services in Fort Myers
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Fort Myers area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.