Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel are likely to take longer to recognize a penetration and are least able to organize a quick and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage within a victim's network, the more time it will require to restore core IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to take the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Columbus area to locate and isolate infected devices and protect undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Columbus
Current strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and attack any accessible system restores and backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and basically sets the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee for the decryptors needed to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate files and TAs require an extra ransom for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware penetration involves a number of distinct phases, most of which can proceed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent first step involves arresting the sideways progress of the attack within your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine processes consist of cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to block the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers restoring the network to a basic useful level of capability with the least downtime. This effort is typically the top priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This activity also requires the broadest range of technical skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and protected remote access. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to organize the complex recovery process. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a client's managers and IT group to prioritize tasks and to get vital resources on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which restore methods are required. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on AD, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to find undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were off line during the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can help you to utilize immutable backup for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by anyone including administrators or root users. This adds an extra level of security and restoration ability in the event of a ransomware breach.
- Setting up advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the same AV tools implemented by some of the world's biggest enterprises such as Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware filtering, classification, mitigation, restoration and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces TCO, simplifies management, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Services consist of establishing the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the insurance provider; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and using the decryptor utility; troubleshooting failed files; creating a pristine environment; remapping and connecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-encryption state; and recovering computers and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at discovering the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists you to assess the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect variations. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key activities like business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting in Columbus
For ransomware cleanup expertise in the Columbus area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.